Re: [net/bpf] 3051bf36c2 BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000a7cf

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Mar 09 2017 - 18:26:19 EST

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess we could return to doing boot_cpu_has() in __flush_tlb_all()
> then. I mean, the timing-sensitivity argument is meh - killing global
> TLB entries a bit faster doesn't bring me a whole lot when I have to go
> and walk pagetable and reestablish them, which is the real price to pay
> anyway.

So should all of commit ("c109bf95992b x86/cpufeature: Remove
cpu_has_pge") just be reverted (and then marked for stable)?

Or do we have some alternate plan?

This has apparently been going on for a long while (it got merged into
4.7), but presumably it only actually _matters_ if lguest is enabled
and used and we've triggered that lguest_arch_host_init() code.

Maybe it's the lguest games with PGE that need to be removed?

Linus