Re: [GIT PULL] sched.h split-up

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 07 2017 - 19:14:46 EST

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But as mentioned - this is untested. It seems to build, and it looks
> "ObviouslyCorrect(tm)", but I didn't actually try to boot it.

Well, it boots, but it's not like there are all that many users of the
wait_event_interruptible*_locked*() interfaces, so it's dubious that I
actually exercised the changes all that much (if at all).

Of course, that's just more reason to *not* have it be some big macro
expansion in a header file that requires other includes. Basically,
this interface isn't worth the header inclusion pain.

And no, I didn't try to see how many

#include <linux/sched/signal.h>

I could try to remove with this.

But I *did* verify that I could now build that fs/overlayfs/util.c
file with that #include removed.

That's the case that caused a semantic merge issue for me - but I
don't know how many others Ingo added as part of the split-up.

Linus