Re: Question Regarding ERMS memcpy

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Mar 06 2017 - 02:30:08 EST

On 03/05/17 23:01, Logan Gunthorpe wrote:

> On 05/03/17 12:54 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> Logan, wanna give that a try, see if it takes care of your issue?
>
> Well honestly my issue was solved by fixing my kernel config. I have no
> idea why I had optimize for size in there in the first place.

Yes, to gcc "optimize for size" means exactly that... intended for cases
where saving storage (e.g. ROM) or code download time is paramount.

We have frequently asked them for an optimization option that is not
strictly byte-count-based but still tries to reduce cache footprint, but
it is a nontrivial project.

-hpa