Re: [RFC 4/4] iio: trigger: add GPIO trigger

From: Jonathan Cameron
Date: Sat Feb 25 2017 - 11:21:38 EST

On 20/02/17 16:24, Fabrice Gasnier wrote:
> On 02/18/2017 08:19 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>>>
>>> If you want to use the GPIO only as an interrupt, just use it as an
>>> interrupt directly, no need to go the route via the GPIO.
>> Absolutely. The majority of the bindings will then just become standard
>> interrupt bindings and will be effectively handled for you.
>>
>> Please work to extend the existing interrupt trigger driver rather than adding
>> this new one. That one actually started as a gpio trigger then got
>> generalised into a interrupt trigger later so lets not do that again ;)
>
> Hi Lars, Jonathan
>
> Ok, got it.
> I'll drop this and focus on interrupt trigger, if this is worth having DT for it (e.g. patch 1 & 2 of this RFC).
>
> BTW, I figured out there has been this patch a year ago, on interrupt trigger, to add device tree support:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-iio/msg23126.html
> Any reason why it hasn't found its way in ?
Gregor being very busy I suspect and not having time to address the reviews.

I 'think' the conclusion then was we needed some representative device that
could exist in devicetree to allow us to specify that a particular interrupt
could be used to trigger sensor capture.

Not a big issue, but probably still needs implementing unless Gregor has had
a chance to look at this.

Jonathan