min_vruntime update when a task is sleeping/migrating

From: Pavan Kondeti
Date: Thu Feb 23 2017 - 01:15:56 EST

Hi Peter,

The comment and the code around 2nd update_min_vruntime() call in
dequeue_entity() are not matching. If I understand commit b60205c7c558
("sched/fair: Fix min_vruntime tracking") correctly, the check is
inverted there. We want to update min_vruntime when a task is
sleeping/migrating. is my understanding right?

static void
dequeue_entity(struct cfs_rq *cfs_rq, struct sched_entity *se, int flags)
{

<snip>
/*
* Now advance min_vruntime if @se was the entity holding it back,
* except when: DEQUEUE_SAVE && !DEQUEUE_MOVE, in this case we'll be
* put back on, and if we advance min_vruntime, we'll be placed back
* further than we started -- ie. we'll be penalized.
*/
if ((flags & (DEQUEUE_SAVE | DEQUEUE_MOVE)) == DEQUEUE_SAVE)
update_min_vruntime(cfs_rq);
}

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Qualcomm India Private Limited, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a