Re: [Suggestion/Problems] perf annoate: Some problems related to the source code view and Improvement of it with line numbers

From: Taeung Song
Date: Thu Feb 16 2017 - 21:33:40 EST

Hi, Arnaldo :)

Regarding perf annotate:

1) Problem : wrong line numbers on perf-annotate (both stdio and TUI)
2) Problem : wrong sum of overhead(percent) matching source lines
3) Suggestion : new option showing only source code per function
with overhead info (to be more readable :) )

I'll send the patchset for them, maybe it'll a bit take time.
But I won't be long..

Thanks,
Taeung

On 02/15/2017 11:24 PM, Taeung Song wrote:

On 02/15/2017 10:24 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
Em Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 09:34:51PM +0900, Taeung Song escreveu:
> Hi all :)
>
> I found some problems about showing line numbers of perf-annotate.
> and I have a suggestion about perf-annotate.
>
> Sure, I have a plan to send the patchset about that.
> But I'd like to know other opinions about that before sending the
patchset.
> :)
Humm, TLDR, please try to find one problem, describe it precisely, show
before and after results (in the changeset message), and send it, rinse,
repeat.

For instance, if the line numbers are different in --stdio and --tui,
that is a problem, state that, show the output (as you did below), put
it in a patch, send it.

Okey it was too long.

I'll separate the contents into simple parts
and send a patch with things you said :)
for easy review.

Thanks,
Taeung