Re: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

From: Gabriel C
Date: Fri Feb 10 2017 - 18:17:19 EST

On 07.02.2017 22:25, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Hi Thomas ,

Sorry I was travelling..

Gabriel, can you please send me the bootlog from a working kernel?

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/dmesg

( If you wish I can send you one from .10-rc with that patch reverted )

Plus content of /proc/interrupts.

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/interrupts

Btw, how far in the boot process is the machine when this happens?

Right after :

Uncompressing Linux.....
Booting the kernel..

So early..

One thing is strange .. on all one socket boxes I have the kernel seems to be fine with that
patch while breaks on both dual socket boxes ( well both have near same HW )

Also I'm going to test your patch from your other email

Regards,

Gabrile C