Re: Linux 4.9.7

From: Ed Tomlinson
Date: Sat Feb 04 2017 - 19:36:00 EST

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 2:59:05 AM EST, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 11:07:08PM -0500, Ed Tomlinson wrote:
Hi,

Any reports of 4.9.7 breaking X?

I run arch and keep it up to date. With todays updates and 4.9.7 built here
X will not start kde correctly. Reverting to 4.9.6 fixes things. Config is
the same for both builds. I have three btrfs patches and the BFQ 4.9.0-v8r7 ...

There was a report of a PCI issue affecting 4.9.6, and the fix for that
should be hitting Linus's tree soon (if it's not there already), but I
haven't heard anything about problems with 4.9.7.

Like the others said, if you could use 'git bisect' to track down the
offending problem, that would be wonderful.

Greg

Looks like the original 4.9.7 build here must have failed in some wierd way. I've run the bisect twice and its good till the end.

Sorry for the noise,
Ed