Re: status of "tty: Fix ldisc crash on reopened tty"

From: Sergey Senozhatsky
Date: Sat Feb 04 2017 - 05:23:20 EST

On (02/04/17 09:09), Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 01:57:19PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> > Cc Greg
> >

> > On (01/24/17 14:19), Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> > > Hello Peter, Mikulas
> > >
> > > just came across this patch https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/5/17/440
> > >
> > > Peter, are you still planning to merge it? or is there something
> > > that made you change your mind?
> >
> > ping
>
> worst email ever...

could be. sorry about that.

> Please include the patch if you want it applied, especially for
> something so old.

well, at this point I'm trying to find out why the patch has not been
submitted. may be Peter changed his mind or found something wrong with
the patch... I don't know. I though that questions I asked in my original
email (from 01/24/17) would point that out.

nevertheless, should have written my email in more 'clear' way.
here it comes:

I hit two Oops-es several weeks ago (4.1 LTE kernel) with backtraces
that look similar to the one mentioned in the patch below. I can't
reproduce the issue and can't verify the patch, but it looks reasonable.
since I couldn't test it, I didn't include Peter's patch. I Cc-d you
because you are undoubtedly experienced in TTY layer. Greg, is there any
chance you can take a look at the patch? for you convenience the patch
"included". once again, I personally can't verify it. OTOH, Mikulas
Patocka reported that the patch fixed the issue on his side.