Re: stmmac: GMAC_RGSMIIIS reports bogus values

From: Giuseppe CAVALLARO
Date: Tue Jan 31 2017 - 08:47:13 EST

Hello Alexey

On 1/31/2017 2:24 PM, Alexey Brodkin wrote:
Hi Giuseppe,

On Tue, 2017-01-31 at 10:55 +0100, Giuseppe CAVALLARO wrote:
On 1/27/2017 11:23 AM, Alexey Brodkin wrote:

That's why my initial proposal was to ignore whatever we read from this register
if we have MDIO bus instantiated already.

sorry for my late reply, I agree with this approach, according to the
HW and platform configuration the driver has to understand and then
work to use either SMA or PCS module.

I already submitted another solution which IMHO is much cleaner and appropriate,
see David has it already in master tree here:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/commit/?id=0a764db103376cf69d04449b10688f3516cc0b88

it's ok, thx for that

Peppe

-Alexey