RE: Regression on Dell XPS13 (was: [char-misc for 4.10-rc4 V2] mei: bus: enable OS version only for SPT and newer)

From: Mario.Limonciello
Date: Tue Jan 24 2017 - 15:24:17 EST

+Alex @ Canonical

Yeah, hopefully Alex knocks out those and turns it around quickly.

> And why isn't it tagged to go to the 4.10-stable kernel if it really
> does fix some systems?

A matter of timing, none of us had anticipated the legal hold
that had occurred around this particular patch. When he resubmits
it with the fixes needed from the other review, he should submit it
to 4.10-stable too.

Thanks,