task_is_descendant() cleanup

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Mon Jan 23 2017 - 07:52:44 EST

On 01/23, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> Btw task_is_descendant() looks wrong at first glance.

No, I missed the 2nd ->group_leader dereference. Still this function looks
overcomplicated and the usage of thread_group_leader/group_leader just add
the unnecessary confusion. It can be simplified a little bit:

static int task_is_descendant(struct task_struct *parent,
struct task_struct *child)
{
int rc = 0;
struct task_struct *walker;

if (!parent || !child)
return 0;

rcu_read_lock();
for (walker = child; walker->pid; walker = rcu_dereference(walker->real_parent))
if (same_thread_group(parent, walker)) {
rc = 1;
break;
}
rcu_read_unlock();

return rc;
}

Kees, I can send a patch if you think this very minor cleanup makes any sense.

Oleg.