Re: [RESEND RFC 1/3] mmc: sdhci: Add platform_dumpregs callback support to sdhci_ops.

From: Ritesh Harjani
Date: Fri Jan 20 2017 - 01:01:45 EST

On 1/19/2017 4:13 PM, Adrian Hunter wrote:
On 18/01/17 09:57, Ritesh Harjani wrote:
Hi Shawn,

From: Sahitya Tummala <stummala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Add new host operation ->platform_dumpregs to provide a
mechanism through which host drivers can dump platform
specific registers in addition to SDHC registers
during error conditions.

Although we have been preventing from adding new callback
for sdhci core, this one makes sense as there are more and more
vendor registers outside the scope of SDHCI spec.

We are not prevented from adding new callbacks, but they have to represent
logical functions not quirks.

This patch seems fine to me except the name "platform_dumpregs" because
I took platform prefix similar to platform_execute_tuning.

"platform" doesn't mean "platform" here. Just plain "dumpregs" is better.
Sure, I will only keep "dumpregs" in next revision.