How to improve PCI bug tracking?

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Wed Jan 18 2017 - 18:06:30 EST

I want to improve PCI bug tracking. It feels like our bugs don't get
the attention they need, and I'm soliciting ideas for how to improve
this.

Current situation:

- People often report bugs via email to linux-pci. I think this
is good because everybody can see it.

- Even after an email report, I often request a bugzilla because
(1) it helps keep things from being forgotten, (2) it's a
convenient place to store bulky data, and (3) I like to have a
bugzilla URL to include in the changelog of a patch that fixes the
bug.

- Sometimes people open a bugzilla directly. I get email about
these (along with one or two other people), but this is sort of a
problem because linux-pci never sees it, sometimes I miss it, and
things tend to languish.

- Discussion on a bugzilla is only seen by people listed in the
bugzilla, not on linux-pci.

I'm contemplating changing this so the bugzilla mail would also go to
linux-pci.

Any objections or alternate suggestions?

Bjorn