[GIT PULL] (swiotlb) for 4.10

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
Date: Fri Jan 06 2017 - 13:16:55 EST

Hey Linus,

Please git pull the following branch:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb.git stable/for-linus-4.10

It has one fix to make i915 work when using Xen SWIOTLB,
and a feature from Geert to aid in debugging of devices
that can't do DMA outside the 32-bit address space.

The feature from Geert is on top of v4.10 merge window commit
(specifically you pulling my previous branch), as his changes were
dependent on the Documentation/ movement patches.

I figured it would just easier than me trying than to
cherry-pick the Documentation patches to satisfy git.

The patches have been soaking since 12/20, albeit I updated
the last patch due to linux-next catching an compiler error
and adding an Tested-and-Reported-by tag.

Thanks!

Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt | 3 +-
arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c | 3 +-
arch/arm64/mm/init.c | 3 +-
arch/x86/kernel/pci-swiotlb.c | 6 +--
arch/x86/xen/pci-swiotlb-xen.c | 2 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c | 11 +-----
drivers/xen/swiotlb-xen.c | 8 +++-
include/linux/swiotlb.h | 11 +++++-
include/trace/events/swiotlb.h | 17 ++++----

Geert Uytterhoeven (3):
x86, swiotlb: Simplify pci_swiotlb_detect_override()
swiotlb: Convert swiotlb_force from int to enum
swiotlb: Add swiotlb=noforce debug option

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
swiotlb: Export swiotlb_max_segment to users