Re: linux-next: build warning in Linus' tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 27 2016 - 19:25:38 EST

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Alexander Potapenko <glider@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe we could just reverse the MEMORY_HOTPLUG->!KASAN dependency to
> make it KASAN->!MEMORY_HOTPLUG?

Yes, that was my initial approach too, but then I decided that I'd
rather build-test both together anyway. Since I can. So that just gets
me the best of both worlds.

We've had issues like this before, and "make allmodconfig" will never
enable _everything_ (ie you always have to make some choices that will
disable other cases, if only for reasons like SLUB-vs-SLAB etc).

But in general the more coverage I get from build testing (without
having to do lots and lots of builds - that's what the build farms are
for after I have pushed things out), the better.

Linus