Re: [v2 2/2] fpga: Add support for Lattice iCE40 FPGAs

From: Joel Holdsworth
Date: Tue Oct 25 2016 - 01:05:44 EST

Hi Joel,

Thanks for submitting your driver!

I didn't see any huge problems, just minor things below...

Alan

Hi Alan, Thanks for your feedback. I've implemented all your suggestions and I'll resubmit.

I had a question about the status of the fpga-manager framework. Is there active work going on? I was wondering if there were any patches for specifying a firmware file from device-tree? and/or if there were any patches for loading firmware from userspace - something like this: "cat firmware.bin > /dev/fpga0"?

Only being able to load firmware from kernel C-code is rather a limitation - though I suppose the framework is quite early in development.

Thanks
Joel