Re: MIPS/kernel/r2-to-r6-emul: Use seq_puts() in mipsr2_stats_show()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Oct 24 2016 - 10:03:38 EST

>> A string which did not contain a data format specification should be put
>> into a sequence.
>
> This is not a correct description of what you are doing. A better
> description would be to say:
>
> "Use seq_put[sc]() instead of seq_printf() since the string does not
> contain a data format specifier".

Thanks for your suggestion about an other wording.

> You should fix this in all the patches.

I am curious if a second approach will become acceptable in the near future.

> Please also note this is really pointless patch,

If you do not like the proposed changes for some subsystems so far,
I would appreciate another clarification:

* Could you tolerate them for any other software components?

* May I continue to inform involved developers about similar change possibilities?

> since reading from /proc isn't done in a tight loop, and even if it were,
> the use of vsprintf is the tiniest part of the overhead.

Thanks for your software development opinion.

> It otherwise reduces the text space or the number of lines of code....

Do other system testers and Linux users care a bit more for corresponding
chances in improved software efficiency?

Regards,
Markus