Re: [GIT PULL] KVM updates for v4.9-rc1

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Thu Oct 06 2016 - 07:34:45 EST

On 06/10/2016 13:16, Radim KrÄmÃÅ wrote:
> Linus,
>
> this merge needs one manual conflict resolution that is foretold in
> 3d9cd95f90b2 ("ARM: gic-v3: Work around definition of gic_write_bpr1").
> The commit says that the conflict is "obvious to resolve", but
> linux-next got it wrong, so I have pasted the correct resolution at the
> bottom -- inline assembly and surrounding #if should be removed, because
> the #if would always select the write_sysreg() branch.

This is nowhere as bad as 4.8, but I'd like to point out the right way to
do it: prepare a topic branch with the arch/arm/include/asm patches, and merge
it into both the irqchip and KVM-ARM trees. You can find three examples in this
merge window alone:

Paolo Bonzini (12):
Merge branch 'x86/amd-avic' of git://git.kernel.org/.../joro/iommu into HEAD

Paul Mackerras (8):
Merge branch 'kvm-ppc-infrastructure' into kvm-ppc-next

Christian Borntraeger (1):
Merge remote-tracking branch 'kvms390/s390forkvm' into kvms390next

So we can do better in 4.10. :)

Paolo