Re: Input-gameport: Replace some printk() calls by pr_info() in joydump_connect()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Sep 24 2016 - 13:21:35 EST

> The desired output should not be broken in conversion, which you did.

I dared to change another source code place a bit too much perhaps.

> Do you know how syslog works and why the transformation is not correct.

I imagine that there are chances to improve the software situation a bit more,
aren't there?

> I am also curious as to why you are patching joydump?

The discussed function implementation contains update candidates.

One of them was detected by the execution of a script for the semantic patch
language (Coccinelle software).
I identified further update possibilities after the opportunity for using
the function "kmalloc_array" also in this software module.

> Are you working on extending it?

I attempted just another software refactoring.

Regards,
Markus