recommended use of request_any_context_irq()

From: Leo Li
Date: Wed Sep 21 2016 - 17:14:44 EST

Hi Marc and Thomas,

With the introduction of request_any_context_irq() routine, driver can
deal with interrupt controllers using either threaded irq or normal
irq. But I don't see many drivers that have been changed to use this
function to request interrupt. For on-board devices, the driver
normally don't know which kind of interrupt controller they are
connected to. Why don't we make the request_any_context_irq()
mandatory or recommended for all drivers? Is there any drawback for
changing all the request_irq() to the request_any_context_irq()?

Regards,
Leo