Re: clk/Renesas-MSTP: Rename jump labels in cpg_mstp_attach_dev()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Sep 16 2016 - 02:01:32 EST

> "Choose label names which say what the goto does or why the goto exists."
>
> I prefer the "why" over the "what".

Does your opinion indicate also that you would appreciate another adjustment
around the quoted sentence from "Chapter 7: Centralized exiting of functions"
of the document "CodingStyle"?

Would you like to achieve that the potential for confusion will be reduced
a bit more there?

> And the "indent labels with a single space" rule will be removed soon,

I am unsure on how this "story" will evolve further.

Will the indentation rules become any more precise for Linux source code?

> as there's no longer a technical reason for it after
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/9/7/316

The software update "Set git diff driver for C source code files" is also
interesting for current versions.

Will language-specific rules which are supported by recent Git software
influence any capabilities for the command "diff --show-c-function"?

Regards,
Markus