[GIT PULL] GPIO fixes for v4.8, take one

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Mon Aug 22 2016 - 04:46:56 EST

Hi Linus,

here are a few GPIO fixes for v4.8. I was expecting some fallout from
the new chardev rework but nothing like that turned up att all. Instead
a Kconfig confusion that I think I have finally nailed, then some ordinary
driver noise and trivia.

Please pull these changes!

Yours,
Linus Walleij

The following changes since commit 29b4817d4018df78086157ea3a55c1d9424a7cfc:

Linux 4.8-rc1 (2016-08-07 18:18:00 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio.git
tags/gpio-v4.8-2

for you to fetch changes up to 048c28c91e56781082bc17d181e460b81e7e8bcb:

gpio: make any OF dependent driver depend on OF_GPIO (2016-08-19
15:01:29 +0200)

GPIO fixes for v4.8:

This fixes a Kconfig issue with UM: when I made GPIOLIB
available to all archs, that included UM, but the OF part
of GPIOLIB requires HAS_IOMEM, so we add HAS_IOMEM as a
dependency to OF_GPIO.

This in turn exposed the fact that a few GPIO drivers were
implicitly assuming OF_GPIO as their dependency but instead
depended on OF alone (the typical problem being a pointer
inside gpio_chip not existing unless OF_GPIO is selected)
and then UM would fail to compile with these drivers
instead. Then I lost patience and made any GPIO driver
depending on just OF depend on OF_GPIO instead, that is
certainly what they meant and the only thing that makes
sense anyway. GPIO with just OF but !OF_GPIO does not make
sense.

Also a fix for the max730x driver data pointer, and a minor
comment fix for the GPIO tools.

Baruch Siach (1):
tools/gpio: fix gpio-event-mon header comment

Christophe Leroy (1):
gpio: max730x: set gpiochip data pointer before using it

Linus Walleij (2):
gpio: Fix OF build problem on UM
gpio: make any OF dependent driver depend on OF_GPIO

drivers/gpio/Kconfig | 11 ++++++-----
drivers/gpio/gpio-max730x.c | 8 ++++----
tools/gpio/gpio-event-mon.c | 2 +-