Re: ptrace group stop signal number not reset before PTRACE_INTERRUPT is delivered?

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Thu Aug 18 2016 - 22:04:49 EST

Damn, forgot to mention...

On 08/18, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> Damn. I'll try to think more, but I simply can't decide what do we
> actually want in this case.

Yes, but at least

> Further, the current behavior seems to make it
> very hard (impossible?) to reliably tell a true group-stop from a
> PTRACE_INTERRUPT generated one.

is not true or I misunderstood... PTRACE_INTERRUPT doesn't lead to
group-stop, it stops the tracee individually.

And you if you get PTRACE_EVENT_STOP and WSTOPSIG() == SIGTTIN after
PTRACE_INTERRUPT, you know that the tracee did not report the "new"
SIGTTIN.

Or I missed your point?

Oleg.