linux next naive question

From: Vineet Gupta
Date: Tue Aug 16 2016 - 16:40:17 EST

[Now in plain text]

Hi Stephan,

For preparing linux-next is there a specific merge strategy / script foo for
pulling branches from same developers repo. So for ARC there's for-curr and
for-next, and a lot of times they might have potentially conflicting changes, base
lines etc. It seem in linux-next for-curr is added first and then for-next - a
very likely case is for-next being significantly behind for-curr with a few
straggler changes.

The reason I ask is we want to implement something similar in our existing
regression setup - which builds / boot/ test jobs on several platforms but
currently only uses my kernel.org repo's for-next - I want to expose both the
branches w/o having to explicitly replicate duplicate changes in my for-next from
for-curr

Thx,
-Vineet