Re: [tip:x86/boot] x86/mm: Enable KASLR for physical mapping memory regions

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Aug 16 2016 - 09:43:05 EST

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 07:31:20AM -0400, Brian Gerst wrote:
> That didn't provide any useful information. However, when I boot with
> "nosmp", I do get an oops in load_microcode_amd(). I can't capture
> the oops message (no serial console), but it's being called from
> save_microcode_in_initrd_amd().

That is possible. KASLR already broke microcode loading on Intel. :-\

I'll try to reproduce and fix this at some point but am away currently
so don't hold your breath. Does "dis_ucode_ldr" on the kernel cmdline
get you any further?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.