Re: [LKP] [lkp] [xfs] 68a9f5e700: aim7.jobs-per-min -13.6% regression

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Sun Aug 14 2016 - 04:35:00 EST

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:48:25PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 02:30:54AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Below is a patch I hacked up this morning to do just that. It passes
xfstests, but I've not done any real benchmarking with it. If the
reduced lookup overhead in it doesn't help enough we'll need to some
sort of look aside cache for the information, but I hope that we
can avoid that. And yes, it's a rather large patch - but the old
path was so entangled that I couldn't come up with something lighter.

Hi Fengguang or Xiaolong,

any chance to add this thread to a lkp run?

Sure. To which base should I apply it? Or if you already pushed the
git tree, I'll test your commit directly.

Thanks,
Fengguang