Re: Correct modules for Bay Trail MAX98090 soc?

From: Pierre-Louis Bossart
Date: Fri Aug 12 2016 - 07:37:19 EST

On 8/12/16 4:53 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 06:31:27PM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
On 8/11/16 3:42 PM, Laura Abbott wrote:

which changed the dependencies for CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_BYT_MAX98090_MACH.
The set of options Fedora selects means that
CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_BYT_MAX98090_MACH
can't be selected. Is there another driver that's supposed to replace
CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_BYT_MAX98090_MACH on Bay Trail or do the dependencies
need to be updated? The bugzilla has alsa-info for working and non-
working cases and the Fedora config is attached.

If you remove support for all other baytrail options this driver should
still be there and selectable. We just can't support both this driver for
Chromebooks and the rest for other machines with the same distribution at
the moment.

That sounds like a regression, what's the plan to fix it.

The simple fix is easy: disable all other codecs and the
BYT_MAX98090 option will be enabled. BYT_MAX98090 relies on the 'old' non-dpcm driver which is used only for Chromebooks with Baytrail, which never enable any other codecs, so there was never any issue before.
If there is a need for concurrency, then a new machine driver based on the dpcm Atom driver needs to be created. I don't have a Baytrail chromebook so don't want to commit on the change.