c6x linker issue on linux-next-20160808 + some linker table work

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Aug 09 2016 - 04:11:57 EST

Mark, Aurelien,

I've run into a linker (ld) issue caused by the linker table work I've
been working on [0]. I looked into this and for the life of me, I
cannot comprehend what the problem is, so was hoping you folks might
be able to chime in.

A snapshot you can use is available here:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux-next.git/log/?h=20160808-linker-table-v4

The commit that causes the issue is "firmware: port built-in section
to linker table":

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux-next.git/commit/?h=20160808-linker-table-v4&id=2f4516be8c89b3ca008962798d44b54751e62844

its the first use of linker tables in the kernel, but I can't figure
out why this error comes up, nor how to fix it. Any ideas?

[0] lkml.kernel.org/r/1469222687-1600-1-git-send-email-mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx

Luis