Re: [Patch v3 03/11] driver/edac/mpc85xx_edac: Drop setting/clearing RFXE bit in HID1

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Aug 08 2016 - 23:32:29 EST

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 03:39:44PM +0000, york sun wrote:
> RFXE is cleared by default. So for most SoCs, this is not even a concern
> at all. But for e500v1, when RIO or PCI are used, this bit is set
> specifically to catch an error by machine check (see commit 4e0e3435).
> This is not the uncorrectable error from DDR. We will be better off to
> let this error happen.

So I'm reading this: "With this bit set, EDAC driver can't get the
interrupt in case of uncorrectable error. So this bit is cleared in
favor of EDAC."

AFAIU, it means, RFXE bit remains clear so EDAC will get the interrupt
for the uncorrectable error (UE). So on those !e500v1 systems, EDAC be
handling those UEs.

Am I close?

If so, can EDAC handle the UE?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.