Re: [RFC] mips: Add MXU context switching support

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Tue Jul 05 2016 - 06:53:46 EST

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:

> >> + asm volatile(".word 0x700803ee\n\t");
> >> + tsk->thread.mxu.xr[15] = reg_val;
> >> +}
> >
> > Not using an output operand with asms here?
>
> I think the instruction saves the xr* register value to reg_val
> without need for output operand.

It does, a classic `asm' is supposed to act as an optimisation barrier.

However since you've used an operand `asm' in `__restore_mxu' I think
it would be good for consistency to use one here as well; it would make
this piece of code a little bit more readable too, as you wouldn't have
to guess that the `asm' writes to `reg_val' then.

So I suggest that you convert `__save_mxu' to use an operand `asm' as
well.

Maciej