Re: Revert: SUNRPC: xs_sock_mark_closed() does not need to trigger socket autoclose

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Jul 01 2016 - 19:17:52 EST

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 23:02:23 +0000
Trond Myklebust <trondmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can we look into why the socket disconnect is happening in the first
> place? Itâs presumably not the server, since that _would_ trigger an
> autoclose when the socket hits TCP_CLOSE_WAIT. That puts the two top
> suspects being the TCP keepalive and the TCP_USER_TIMEOUT. Are there
> any tracepoints we could use to look at whether or not they are
> triggering a close?

There's not many tracepoints, but from my previous emails I added some
trace_printk()s and converted some of your debug prints into
trace_printk():

+#undef dprintk
+#undef dprintk_rcu
+#define dprintk(args...) trace_printk(args)
+#define dprintk_rcu(args...) trace_printk(args)

See my previous email that describes all this (I removed the debugging
from my kernel, and I need to spend time with the family so I can't get
to this again till Tuesday)

http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20160630175618.51a725ee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Steve