Re: kernel-4.7 bug in Intel sound and/or ACPI

From: Wim Osterholt
Date: Thu Jun 23 2016 - 10:12:47 EST

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:54:39PM -0400, okaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 2016-06-21 18:13, Wim Osterholt wrote:
> >>
> >> pr_info("%s:%d irq = %d penalty = %d\n", __func__, __LINE__, irq,
> >> penalty);
> >>

> > This produced some 60 lines extra....
>
> Thanks, let's go back to 4.6 and add a very similar printf to every
> single place where the array is modified and also right before the
> enabled message.

I don't get this right.
Assuming that you're still talking about the same file, I find a few
instances of 'enabled', most of them in if-statements and one where it might
be set, so it looks. However, that's already in a printk statement.
I don't know about arrays and even less where these are set. Even worse, I
don't know what to put in a 'similar' line if you don't mean 'exactly the
same'.
So please state file and line numbers and the line to be inserted.

Groeten, Wim.

----- wim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----