[RFC 0/4] sched/fair: Rebalance tasks based on affinity

From: Jiri Olsa
Date: Mon Jun 20 2016 - 08:20:24 EST

hi,
please consider this to be more of a question
for opinions on how to solve this issue ;-)

I'm following up on my previous post:
http://marc.info/?t=145975837400001&r=1&w=2

The patchset is working for my testcase and our
other tests looks good so far, but I'm not sure
I haven't broken something else or used the right
wheel to implement this.

The issue itself and the fix are described in
changelog of patch 3/4.

thanks for any feedback,
jirka

---
Jiri Olsa (4):
sched/fair: Introduce sched_entity::dont_balance
sched/fair: Introduce idle enter/exit balance callbacks
sched/fair: Add REBALANCE_AFFINITY rebalancing code
sched/fair: Add schedstat debug values for REBALANCE_AFFINITY

include/linux/sched.h | 4 +++
kernel/sched/debug.c | 4 +++
kernel/sched/features.h | 1 +
kernel/sched/idle.c | 2 ++