Re: linux-next: manual merge of the iommu tree with the arm tree

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Jun 20 2016 - 04:03:29 EST

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 01:20:09PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the iommu tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/iommu/mtk_iommu.c
>
> between commit:
>
> d267804c8457 ("iommu: convert DT component matching to component_match_add_release()")
>
> from the arm tree and commit:
>
> da4d6e6d3b3e ("iommu/mediatek: Convert DT component matching to component_match_add_release()")
>
> from the iommu tree.

This looks like it's going to end up being broken. I self-NACK'd my v2
patch series was, and it looks like the v2 patch was picked up instead
of v1.

It's also part of a _three_ patch series, where the _second two_ patches
depend on the _first_ patch. Such series can't be split up.

--
Russell King
ARM architecture Linux Kernel maintainer