Re: Nokia N900: musb is in wrong state after boot

From: joerg Reisenweber
Date: Wed Jun 08 2016 - 08:18:19 EST

On Wed 08 June 2016 15:04:02 Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> On 6/8/2016 1:02 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> >> * Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx> [160607 05:53]:

> >> Yeah I don't know, AFAIK we don't have a generic way to
> >> force MUSB to change mode without ID pin. If you have figured
> >> something generic for that which does not actually tinker with
> >> the PHY registers directly, that should be the generic
> >> musb_set_mode() that we've been wondering about for years.
> >
> > #define MUSB_TEST_FORCE_HOST 0x80
> >
> > Can someone confirm on MUSB's docs (and actual running system) that this
> > does what's supposed to do?
>
> The MUSB programmer's guide says the CID (sic) input is ignored when the
> Force_Host bit is set. The host mode is entered when the Session bit is
> set. But I don't have a MUSB hardware readily available to confirm.
>
> MBR, Sergei

also says:

While the FORCE_HOST bit remains set, the core will enter Host mode when the
Session bit is set and **remain in Host mode until the Session bit is cleared
even if a connected device is disconnected during the session.**
The operating speed while in this mode **is determined for the setting of the
FORCE_HS and FORCE_FS bits of the Testmode register** in Section 23.1.4.11.

see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=685367

It's not any fully operational hostmode.

/j
--
() ascii ribbon campaign
/\