Regression introduced by cf6d445f68974d0b15a14cf6021be38a91f2b5d8

From: Josef Bacik
Date: Mon May 09 2016 - 14:40:22 EST

Hello,

I've hit a regression that was introduced by the commit in $SUBJECT. I'm building a minimal kernel config that doesn't have CONFIG_SMP set, which results in the topology for the box to look different than with CONFIG_SMP set. Specifically boot_cpu_data.x86_max_cores comes out to 16 without CONFIG_SMP set, but 12 with CONFIG_SMP set. So when we are doing the init for the uncore_msr_uncores types we panic when trying to do uncore_box_init on the 13th box for hswep_uncore_cbox when doing the wrmsrl in snbep_uncore_msr_init_box(). I'm hoping this makes sense to you, because this is all greek to me. For now I've just enabled CONFIG_SMP (it only adds like .1 mb to my image), but I figure we should probably fix this. It takes me no time to reproduce so I can test whatever patch you come up with, or run whatever debugging you want me to run. Thanks,

Josef