Re: [REGRESSION] panic with Wacom One Tablet on 4.4.x kernel

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 10:38:19 EST

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> > Yes, please provide a bisect report so we get a clue.
> >
> > I do not have a "Wacom One". I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen, which goes
> > through the same code base as "Wacom One". I tested kernel 4.4.4. I
> > don't see the issue.
>
> Laura, do we have any result from the bisect please?

BTW seems like wacom_get_report() got EPIPE and bailed out.

We used to retry on EPIPE before aef3156d72. Would it make sense to retest
with that commit reverted?

Could be that the device is for some reason causing only temporary EPIPE
that eventually gets fixed over time.

I still don't exactly see how that'd cause the null pointer dereference
later, but retval handling wacom_get_report() might possibly need some
loving care as well, looking quickly at the code. But that still needs to
be investigated.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina