Re: Thunderbolt 3 (Skylake / Alpine Ridge) hotplug

From: Jack Coulter
Date: Tue Mar 22 2016 - 04:11:32 EST

Hi Andreas,

> That is correct. On your device TB should be handled by the firmware.
>
> BjÃrn suggested that we might not be reacting to acpi notifications
> (or pci hotplug interrupts) properly. To confirm this you could try to
> issue a manual pci rescan via
>
> echo "1" > /sys/bus/pci/rescan
>
> This should make the device appear (if the issue lies with our
> handling of hotplug events).
I tried this but unfortunately no additional devices showed up, nor was
any additional dmesg output generated.

> Otherwise you might want to take a look at the ACPI tables and search
> for code which turn off thunderbolt or something like that. Does
> hotplug work under Windows (without additional drivers)?
I'm unable to comment as to whether it works under Windows - I do not
have Windows installed on this machine nor do I have sufficient
unallocated disk space to install it.

Kind regards,
Jack