Re: Nokia N900 - audio TPA6130A2 problems

From: Ivaylo Dimitrov
Date: Thu Mar 17 2016 - 09:50:48 EST

Hi,

On 17.03.2016 15:33, Tony Lindgren wrote:

Check the schematics. If the hardware has external pull-ups on a
line then don't enable the internal pull-ups. Otherwise both the
external and intenal pulls are parallel the pull value will be
wrong. My guess is that on n900 all the i2c lines have external
pulls.

There are, 1k connected to VIO_18, but still, stock Nokia kernel enables the internal pull-ups as well. I doubt Nokia devs did that by mistake. Could it be that VIO_18 is disabled by the time TPA6130A2 is probed?

Also, what is the problem to have both internal and external pull-ups in parallel?

Regards,
Ivo