Re: [tpmdd-devel] [GIT PULL] remaining tpmdd fixes for Linux 4.5

From: Jerry Snitselaar
Date: Thu Feb 25 2016 - 12:30:50 EST

On Mon Feb 22 16, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:56:53PM +1100, James Morris wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I'm sorry for the late pull request for 4.5. The reason for this was
> the latency in my previous one. I picked with care the absolutely
> critical fixes so that we can make a sound tpmdd release.
>
> I really hope you can still pick these as one of them is absolutely
> critical to get authorization policy sealing API right (kernel keeps
> it finger out of user space created objects).

Pushed to next for more testing and review.

This really is getting too late in the development cycle for so many
fixes. It means the code was not ready to be merged in the first place.

I fully agree what you're saying. I'll learn the lesson here and take
factors more conservative attitude from now on. No excuses. I'm sorry
about this.

Partly the reason for recent increase in regressions has been
increased real-world use of TPM2 and thus issues have started to pop
up that's a lame excuse anyway.

Would it be worthwhile to have a tpm branch that gets pulled by -next
directly so changes will have already been going through the paces in
-next prior to the pull reuqest to James?

snits