Re: [RFC v5 0/8] Additional kmsg devices

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Feb 24 2016 - 17:59:56 EST

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:27:57 -0500 Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 08:47:35AM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> > > Andrew? Are you or anyone else interested in picking up this patchset?
> >
> > I know I'm repeating myself. But this should be done in userspace.
>
> Nothing in this posting explains why this is being added. Kinda
> difficult to say yay or nay.

Yes, I've been rather scratching my head over all of that: what does it
all really do, why does it do it, what problem does it solve, what's
the end-user benefit, etc.

There doesn't appear to be a Documentation update in the patchset.
Perhaps rectifying that omission with a rather good documentation file
would help people to appreciate it all...