Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 24

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Wed Feb 24 2016 - 09:37:26 EST

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 07:32:17AM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Changes since 20160223:

> > The aio tree still had a build failure so I used the version from
> > next-20160111.
> >

> Might be good to poke the maintainer as I am seeing this for a long
> time in Linux-next.

These are architecture code related build failures that arch maintainers
need to fix. Avoiding pulling the tree allows people to ignore the issue,
which isn't going to get things fixed. I provided an example how to
implement the 64 bit __get_user() without generating warnings, and it is
now up to maintainers to adapt it for their architecture.

-ben

--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."