Re: [RFC] trace_irqsoff: remove redundant reset per-CPU buff

From: Dmitry Safonov
Date: Fri Feb 05 2016 - 06:53:19 EST

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:10:26 +0300
> Dmitry Safonov <0x7f454c46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> There is no reason to do it twice: from commit b6f11df26fdc28
>> ("trace: Call tracing_reset_online_cpus before tracer->init()")
>> resetting of per-CPU buffers done before tracer->init() call.
>>
>> tracer->init() calls {irqs,preempt,preemptirqs}off_tracer_init() and it
>> calls __irqsoff_tracer_init(), which resets per-CPU ringbuffer second
>> time.
>> It's slowpath, but anyway.
>
> Bah, I said I'd look at this and I did. But never added it to my queue.
> It's not a big deal as this is the slow path but it makes sense. I knew
> there was a patch from you to get but saw the TP_ARGS redefining patch
> and thought that was it.

Thanks, Steve!
Yeah, I know it may take time to get to unimportant patches
that are also mostly cleanups.
Don't worry, please, take a glance when you'll have time on these
small also not important cleanings (I'm fine if you'll drop them all):
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/11/20/290
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/11/20/291
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/10/30/580

--