Suggestion for improving documentation (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt)

From: Ulrich Windl
Date: Thu Jan 28 2016 - 09:01:27 EST

Hi!

I just read the documentation for the "swappiness" sysctl parameter, and I realized that
1) the documentation does not talk about the valid range of the parameter (0-100?)
2) the documentation does not talk about the units the parameter uses (Percent?)

swappiness

This control is used to define how aggressive the kernel will swap
memory pages. Higher values will increase agressiveness, lower values
decrease the amount of swap.

The default value is 60.

My proposal to improve sysctl documentation is obvious, and no, I don't mean "Use the source, Luke!" ;-)

(I'm not subscribed to LKML)

Regards,
Ulrich