Question about create mode, checkpatch, and MAINTAINERS

From: Jeff Merkey
Date: Wed Jan 27 2016 - 12:53:04 EST

So while putting together a patch series that adds some include files
in the arch/ I ran across the checkpatch WARNING that says MAINTAINERS
needs updating for new files with create mode.

Is the best way to do this to submit MAINTAINERS as a separate patch
or in its own patch with the series, or can I just send the patch
series to the current MAINTAINERS of those arches and skip this add
maintainers and ignore the checkpatch WARNING for this. From what I
have seen, its not a good idea to ignore anything checkpatch reports.

Jeff