Re: gianfar: Less function calls in gfar_ethflow_to_filer_table() after error detection

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 12:33:12 EST

>>> local_rqfpr = kmalloc_array(2 * (MAX_FILER_IDX + 1),
>>> sizeof(unsigned int), GFP_KERNEL);
>>> if (!local_rqfpr)
>>> goto err;
>>>
>>> local_rqfcr = &local_rqfpr[MAX_FILER_IDX + 1];
>>
>> Do you suggest to use only one array (instead of two as before) here?
>
> That's a possibility.

Thanks for your clarification.

> If, as your title suggests, you really want fewer function calls,

I am unsure at the moment if more changes will make sense in
this function implementation.

> (which as far as I saw, you didn't do)

Is my wording "after error detection" insufficient eventually?

> that could be a mechanism to remove both an allocation and a free.

Would any more software developers or source code reviewers like
to share their opinions in such a direction?

Regards,
Markus