Re: RFC: out-of-tree tty driver breakage (changing ASYNC_ bits)

From: Grant Edwards
Date: Mon Jan 11 2016 - 10:53:46 EST

On 2016-01-11, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 01:42:44PM -0800, Peter Hurley wrote:
>
>> This will break out-of-tree drivers but I don't really see a
>> realistic alternative. Also, I think the new symbol prefix ASY_ isn't
>> great and I'd like to get some suggestions.
>
> Don't worry about breaking out-of-tree drivers, that's fine.

One request from this maintainer of several out-of-tree drivers: if
you break something, break it such that it won't compile. It would be
nice to avoid changes that break functionality but still compile
without warning.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Where do your SOCKS
at go when you lose them in