Re: range operation of outer cache when start >= end?

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Fri Jan 08 2016 - 10:06:37 EST

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 11:54:30AM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> I know I am nitpicking. Forgive me if I am asking a silly question.
>

> How should the outer-cache handle such an insane case like start >= end?

Passing start >= end isn't defined, code should not pass start >= end.

> Assumed answers are:
>
> [1] Do not care about that. It should never happen. If it does, fix
> the caller.

This applies. What situation are you seeing start >= end?

What you will get with the existing code is potentially some cache
cleaning and a sync, but nothing apart from that. __l2c210_op_pa_range()
becomes a no-op of start >= end. However, that behaviour is not
guaranteed.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.