Re: [RFC/PATCH] perf report: Show random usage tip on the help line

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Tue Jan 05 2016 - 20:49:17 EST

Em Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 08:29:37AM +0900, Namhyung Kim escreveu:

> > > Because then adding new tips will not require rebuilding the tool?

> > It would still need rebuilding if it was compiled in at build time.

> Right. Even if we allow to rebuild the tips at runtime, I doubt users
> want to update their documents..

Users don't have to update their documents if they don't, but having the
tips in a separate files allows them to do that if they want, or any
other method to update that tips file.

> > The main advantage of having the source in in Documentation is that it's easy
> > for users to read them all together (which may be useful)

> Agreed.

I agree that having the tips in a separate file, in the Documentation
directory is easy for users to read them all together, that is another
advantage, yes.

- Arnaldo